Activity and stability increasing of mixture culture by bioaugmentation methods
The work is running in cooperation between Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague, Satturn Holešov company s r.o. (http://www.satturn.cz/), Asio company s r.o. (http://www.asio.cz/) and LentiKat’s a.s. (http://www.lentikats.eu/cs/). The work is financial support by Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, number of this project is MPO FR-TI4/254.
Base of common systems for removing nitrogen pollution from waste water are nitrification and denitrification processes. Nitrification and denitrification processes are very expensive. In cause of nitrification, there is very expensive aeration of basins. In cause of denitrification, there may be expensive addition of organic carbon. Operators of waste water treatment plants have to follow rules for effluent quality. In other causes they would have to pay a sanction. Therefore, big chance for operators is application modern, effective and low operation cost methods in full scale plants.
Nitrification and denitrification processes aren’t single choice for removing nitrogen pollution from waste water. Big practical potential has anammox process for removing of nitrogen pollution. Anmmox process works like autotrophic denitrification without organic carbon need. Anammox process needs ammonium and nitrite nitrogen which change to gas nitrogen. Anammox process has almost nothing dissolve oxygen need. Higher concentrations of disolve oxygen cause an inhibition of the process. Phase before anammox process has lower aeration need than common nitrification. This phase is partial nitrification.
Anammox process has lesser stability, than nitrification and denitrification. At first anammox is very sensitivity for presence of dissolve oxygen. Inhibition factor of the second is stability of the process before anammox process. This one is partial nitrification, where nitrite nitrogen arises. Solving of these problems can be immobilization of culture for partial nitrification and anammox process to PVA carrier. These carriers provide a protection for microorganisms against surrounding influence. This works should find suitability and operation condition for application immobilize culture of microorganisms for running partial nitrification and anammox process. Finish of the work should help to formation of container technology for waste water treatment by modern processes.
Other area of interest
- Long term monitoring of WWTP Plzen after large recontruction and intensification in 2011
- There are investigated an impacts of a new regeneration zone designed for regeneration of sludge and bioaugmentation of nitrifiers in situ.
- Secondary specialized school Schola Humanitas in Litvínov (2003-2007)
- Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, profession Technology of water (2007-2012)
Participation on teaching
- Laboratory technology of water, work: Kinetics
- Bc. Iva Johanidesová, master thesis, topic Evaluation of the possibilities of partial nitrification conservation by using immobilized culture of microorganisms. Finish of the work expected in spring 2013.
- Vacková L., Kelbich P., Johanidesová I., Wanner J., Stloukal R., Škorvan O., Uličník B.: Inhibition of nitrate production by hydroxylamine in nitrification process. Collection from conferention Odpadové vody 2012, 17. – 19. October 2012, Štrbské Pleso. Pages 100 – 105, ISBN 978-80-970896-2-7.