Tertirary treatment of effluent from municipal WWTPs and its reuse for irrigation of urban greenery
Climate change, population growth and increasing standards of living, related to higher consumption of resources, contribute to water shortages even in regions, where water used to be abundant. Landscape water management, intensification of agriculture, and paving of soil surfaces also affect the water resources. Droughts, floods, desertification, pollution and water deficit are becoming topics of concern even in the Czech Republic.
Other area of interest
- 2019 – present: UCT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water technology and environmental engineering, PhD. Student
- 2017 – 2018 University of Pardubice, FChT, Department of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, diploma thesis: “The influence of selected photocatalyst on heterogenous photocatalysis efficiency” (distinction)
- 2014 – 2017 University of Pardubice, FChT, bachelor thesis: “Pharmaceuticals in water and possibilities of their removal by adsorption”.
Participation on teaching
- Laboratory Course in Water Technology (kinetics)
- Laboratory Course in Water Analysis
- Trousil, V., Puškáčová, A., Blažková, Z., Slehová, E., Palarčík, J., Cakl, J.; Možnosti odstranění nesteroidních antirevmatik adsorpcí: 18. ročník Konference o Speciálních Anorganických Pigmentech a Práškových Materiálech. Univerzita Pardubice, 2016
- Ofori, S., Puškáčová, A., Růžičková, I., Wanner, J.: Treated wastewater reuse for irrigation: Pros and cons. Science of The Total Environment, Volume 760, 15 March 2021, 144026. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.144026