Optimisation of microaeration for H2S removal from biogas
The aim of this PhD topic is describing of biochemical processes in detail, as well as factors influencing microaeration. To obtain experimental data, two laboratory bioreactors with exact geometry parameters are operated. The goal is to determine the influence of the headspace area, surface area, mixing intensity a description of bacterial culture in biofilm. Due to complexity of biological system, comparison of experimental data with developed mathematical model for description of each process.
Other area of interest
- 2019 - now: UCT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water technology and environmental engineering, PhD candidate
- 2017 – 2019 UCT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water technology and environmental engineering, master thesis: ”Effect of headspace geometry on H2S removal from biogas in microaerated digester ”
- 2014 – 2017 UCT Prague, FTOP, bachelor thesis: ”Anaerobic sewage treatment in anaerobic membrane bioreactor“
Participation on teaching
- Laboratory Course in Water Technology (UCT Prague)
- Laboratory Course in Water Analysis (UCT Prague)
- Chlumecká M., Pokorná-Krayzelová L., Bartáček J.; Effect of headspace geometry on H2S removal from biogas in microaerated digester, Voda 2019; Poděbrady, Czech Republic 18 .- 20. September 2019; pages of fulltext: 8
- Andreides M, Pokorná-Krayzelová L, Říhová Ambrožová J, Volcke EIP, Bartáček J. Key parameters influencing hydrogen sulfide removal in microaerobic sequencing batch reactor. Biochemical Engineering Journal. 2021;168.