Change of carbon and nitrogen oxidation state during post-aeration of digested sludge
Post-aeration of digested sludge is one option which combines the advantages and suppresses the disadvantages of commonly used aerobic and anaerobic stabilization. As some studies suggest by introducing the sludge to aerobic conditions the decomposition of organic matter hard to degrade in a single anaerobic stage is deepened. It is also possible to remove ammonia with a great efficiency and thereby reduce the amount of nitrogen recycled in the whole wastewater treatment process. Improvement of sludge properties, particularly dewaterability, is one of the most mentioned effects of post-aeration. Reduction of the amount of sludge that must be dewatered and disposed could be a huge advantage of this process and could make it attractive for countries where the sludge disposal costs are high.
- 2013-2015: Master study: UCT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water technology and environmental engineering, diploma thesis: „Biodegradability of selected sweeteners in the aquatic environment“
- 2010-2013: Bachelor study: UCT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water technology and environmental engineering, bachelor thesis: “Comparison of basic methods determining biodegradability of organic substances in soil and aquatic environments“
- 2007-2010: High school: Gymnázium Voděradská, graduation 2010
Participation on teaching
- Laboratory of Water Analysis
- Laboratory of Water technology
Vojtiskova, M., Satkova, B., Bindzar, J., Jenicek, P. (2019): Simple improvement of digested sludge quality: is post-aeration the key? Water Science and Technology https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.2019.409
- M. Vojtiskova, M. Di Marco, B. Satkova, P. Jenicek, Postaeration of the Digested Sludge and its Potential Benefits, in: ICETI 2018, Prague, November 2018, pp. 136-142.
- Drechlser, M. Vojtiskova, Innovative technology for laundry wastewater reuse, in: Interclean Amsterdam 2018, May 2018, Netherlands.
- Jenicek, B. Satkova, M. Vojtiskova, Post-aeration as a tool for improval of digested sludge quality, in: Sludge Management in Circular Economy, Rome, Italy, May 2018, pp. 277-279.
- Vojtiskova, P. Jenicek, Effect of post-aeration on the quality of digested sludge, in: 15th IWA World Conference of Anaerobic Digestion; October 2017, Beijing, China