Tertiary treatment of wastewater with the aim of water reuse
In consequence of climate change, rapid population growth and industrial development a concern for water resources grow. Water pollution and Water scarcity have instilled the growing need to manage water resources in sustainable manner.
SolutionThe study is given to the choice of tertiary treatment methods for achieving the final effluent quality suitable for water reuse . The disertation is focus on water disinfection of and removal of residual organic compounds, especially groups PPCPs (Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products) and EDS (Endocrine Disruptors).
- 2014 - present: ICT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water technology and environmental engineering, PhD. Student
- 2013 – 2015: STU Bratislava, FCHPT, Programme: Environmental Protection Technologies, Final Thesis: ,,Modeling of the Transport of Micropollutants in the Aquatic Environment “.
- 2010 – 2013: STU Bratislava, FCHPT, Programme: Chemistry, Medical Chemistry and Chemical Materials, Final Thesis: “Biological Nitrogen and Phosphorus Removal from Wastewater“.
Participation on teaching
- Laboratory practice of water analysis
- Fajnorová, S., Sprenger, Ch., Hermes, N., Ternes, T.A., Sala, L., Miehe, U., Drewes, J.E., and Hübner, U.: Assessment of Full-Scale Indirect Potable Water Reuse in El Port de la Selva, Spain. Water, 2021, Vol. 13, No.3, 325. https://doi.org/10.3390/w13030325