Dr. Sabina Purkrtová is a research specialist since 2007 and assistant professor since 2015 in the Laboratory of Food Microbiology in the DBM in UCT Prague since 2007. In 2014 she finished her Ph.D. in study programme Microbiology (with dissertation thesis: Application of modern methods for study of food microorganisms). Her research and pedagogic work in the field of food and forensics microbiology is focused on the following main specialisations: the detection, enumeration and identification of food-borne pathogens and other microflora by the cultivation and rapid methods (including PCR applications, RT-PCR applications, sequencing, MALDI-TOF MS and immunochemical methods), genotyping and phenotyping methods, the characterisation of food-borne microorganisms for their antibiotics resistance, biofilm formation and biofilm resistance to antimicrobial agents. In these fields she supervised or consulted more than 25 bachelor and 20 diploma thesis. She is a lecturer for classes and laboratory practice in Food microbiology for BSc. and MSc. programme in Czech and English language. She also organises and lectures theoretical and practical courses in food microbiology for national and international counterparts from food industry and control laboratories. She published 13 articles (ISI Web) with citation index 32 (29) and the Hirsch index 4 (13.11.2018). She presented more than 20 posters or lectures at international or national conferences. She has been a team-member in more than 10 national and international research projects in food microbiology. She is a team-member in Accredited Laboratory of Microbiology and GMO no. 1316.3 (ISO 17025) in DBM as the specialist for metrology and MALDI-TOF MS method. In 2010 she passed five months study stay in University of Bologna at Department of Food Science.
Publications in impacted journals
- Pachlová V., Buňková L., Purkrtová S., Němečková I., Havlíková Š., Purevdorj K., Buňka F. Contaminating microorganisms in quark‐type cheese and their capability of biogenic amine production. Int. J. Dairy Technol. 2018, 71, 1018-1022.
- Kraková L., Šoltys K., Otlewska A., Pietrzak K., Purkrtová S., Savická D., Puškárová A., Bučková M., Szemes T., Budiš J., Demnerová K., Gutarowska B., Pangallo D. Comparison of methods for identification of microbial communities in book collections: Culture-dependent (sequencing and MALDI-TOF MS) and culture-independent (Illumina MiSeq). Int Biodeterior Biodegradation. 2018, 131, 51-59.
- Zdeňková K., Alibayov B., Karamonová L., Purkrtová S., Karpíšková R., Demnerová K. Transcriptomic and metabolic responses of Staphylococcus aureus in mixed culture with Lactobacillus plantarum, Streptococcus thermophilus and Enterococcus durans in milk. J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2016, 43, 1237-1247.
- Pachlová V., Buňka F., Buňková L., Purkrtová S., Havlíková Š., Němečková I. Biogenic amines and their producers in Akawi white cheese. Int. J. Dairy Technol. 2016, 69, 386-392.
- Vondráková L., Purkrtová S., Pazlarová J., Demnerová K. Species differentiation of thermotolerant Campylobacters based on distinctive banding patterns obtained by multiplex PCR. Czech. J. Food Sci. 2015, 33, 27–31.
- Laknerová I., Zdeňková K., Purkrtová S., Piknová Ľ., Vyroubalová Š., Hanák P. Interlaboratory identification of Black seabream (Spondyliosoma cantharus) as a model species on basis of PCR targeting the second intron of the parvalbumin gene. J. Food Qual. 2014, 37, 429-436.
- Alibayov B., Zdeňková K., Purkrtová S., Demnerová K., Karpíšková R. Detection of some phenotypic a genotypic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from food items in the Czech Republic. Ann. Microbiol. 2014, doi 10.1007/s13213-014-0802-6.
- Pazlarová J., Purkrtová S., Babuliková J., Demnerová K. Effect of ampicillin a vancomycin on Staphylococcus aureus biofilms. Czech. J. Food Sci. 2014, 32, 137-144.
- Složilová I., Purkrtová S., Kosová M., Mihulová M., Šviráková E., Demnerová K. Antilisterial activity of lactic acid bacteria against Listeria monocytogenes strains originating from different sources. Czech. J. Food Sci. 2014, 32, 145-151.
- Purkrtová S., Turoňová H., Pilchová T., Demnerová K., Pazlarová J. Resistance of Listeria monocytogenes biofilms to disinfectans. Czech. J. Food Sci. 2010, 28, 326-332.
- Purkrtová S., Babulíková J., Demnerová K., Pazlarová J. Antimicrobial factors effect on biofilm formation in Staphylococcus aureus. Czech. J. Food Sci. 2011, 29, S1-S10.
Experience with R&D Projects
- DG18P02OVV062 Biodiversity of black and white photografic and cinematografic materials in the czech archives and the methods of their desinfection (2018-2022)
- GACR 17-15936S Interaction of nanoparticles modified by natural compounds with biofilms of pathogenic microorganisms (2017-2020)
- LD14097 Mechanisms of bacterial attachment/detachment, survival and biofilm formation on the surfaces. Stress response vs. resistance development and persistence (2014-2016)
- GACR 14-23597S Impact of environmental factors on biofilm detachment (2014-2016)
- MZE QJ1210300 Protection systems of quality and safety of dairy products by means of suitable methods applicable in practice (2012-2016)
- LD11048 Genetic backround of ATB resistance in Salmonella spp. isolates from Prague wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) (2011-2012)
- 2B08074 Methods of evaluation of hygiene standards and cleaning effectivity used for process equipment and environment in dairy plants, procedures of detection and removal persistant strains as tools of milk processing control into high-quality and safety foods (2008-2011)
- 2B08050 Listeria monocytogenes - processes enabling reliable appreciation of quality and safety of dairy products, phases of production technological process, final products and their storage (2008-2011)
- BIOTRACER (6th RTD Framework) - Improved biotraceability of unintended microorganisms and their substances in food and feed chains (2007-2010)