Separation of sludge from tertiary phosphorus precipitation
Phosphorus, as the one of the nutrients, triggers vigorous growth of cyanobacteriae, reduces dissolved oxygen content, suffocates fish populations, and complicates water purification. Therefore, the attention should be drawn to this problem and pay much attention to develop new or improve the available wastewater treatment methods to remove this pollutant from a waste water and to work towards improved ecology of the water environment to the greatest extent.
Our Scientific Work Group is engaged in research of removal residual phosphorus from the effluent of urban wastewater treatment plants. The aim of our work is to assess and design a new environmental technology for an urban wastewater treatment plants that would help to reduce the phosphorus in environment. The technology consists of tertiary phosphorus precipitation and separation of precipitate with membrane filtration.
Other fields of interest
- 2017: Tomsk Polytechnic University, Russia (Erasmus Programme)
- 2018 – present - ICT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water Technology and Environmental Engineering, PhD. Student
- 2015 – 2018 ICT Prague, FTOP, Department of Water Technology and Environmental Engineering, Diploma Thesis: „Determination of adsorbable organically bound iodine (AOI)
Participation on teaching
- Laboratory Course in Water Technology (UCT Prague)
- Laboratory Course in Water Analysis (UCT Prague)